Unsafe at Home Ottawa’s hours of operation have changed. As of May 21, 2023, we now operate from 11 AM to 9 PM every day except Wednesdays, and from 9 AM to 5 PM on Wednesdays. This change is permanent. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What you should know
Unsafe at Home Ottawa is designed to keep you safe. However, nothing is 100% secure. When you chat online with us or text us, please make sure you’re using a device or computer that’s safe. If you think someone else could have installed spyware onto the device you’re using, you may not want to use this service.
Tips to stay safe online
- Use private browsing / incognito mode when using our chat function
- Use a password on your phone or device
- Clear your browser history after your chat
- Delete your text history after texting us
- Don’t take screenshots
About our online chat
This is the safest way to talk to us.
- Just type in the chat window that will appear once you click the “Start Chat” button.
- When you connect with us, the first few messages you receive from us will be automated. These will give you more information about the service and our confidentiality policy.
- Your conversations with our personnel are confidential and secure.
- You can end the conversation at any time.
- Once it’s done, your chat history will be erased.
You can also WhatsApp or text us at (613) 704-5535. Our text and online chat service is available every day (except Wednesdays) from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Wednesdays.
We would like to acknowledge that the land on which we gather and work is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabe people.