Unsafe at Home Ottawa launched in April 2020 to offer those living with abuse or violence during the COVID-19 pandemic a safe space to reach out for help. This community-based initiative is staffed by experienced, bilingual personnel. We are committed to treating women and members of LGBTQ2S+ communities with compassion and respect for their dignity, privacy and diversity during this difficult time.
The safe text and chat line provides counselling services offered through:
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre
- Interval House of Ottawa
- Ottawa Victim Services
- Western Ottawa Resource Centre
Special thanks to:
- Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women and Crime Prevention Ottawa, who led the launch of this service
- Kind Space for offering support for LGBTQ2S+ communities
- Ottawa Police Service and all partners for promoting Unsafe at Home Ottawa
If your organization wants to launch a similar safe text+chat in your community, please email info(at)octevaw-cocvff.ca for information and resources.