Unsafe at Home Ottawa launched in April 2020 to offer those living with abuse or violence during the COVID-19 pandemic a safe space to reach out for help. This community-based initiative is staffed by experienced, bilingual personnel. We are committed to treating women and members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities with compassion and respect for their dignity, privacy and diversity at all times.
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre
- Interval House of Ottawa
- Ottawa Victim Services
- Western Ottawa Resource Centre
- Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women
- Crime Prevention Ottawa
- Lanark Country Victim Services
- Kind Space for offering support for LGBTQ2S+ communities
- Immigrant Women Services Ottawa for providing translation services in 70 different languages.
Special thanks to:
- Ottawa Police Service and all partners for promoting Unsafe at Home Ottawa
If your organization wants to launch a similar safe text+chat in your community, please email email@example.com for information and resources.